Name: Alfred Ossai ONEFELI
Date of Birth: 24 May 1983
Department: Forest Resources Management
Faculty: Agriculture and Forestry
Mobile Telephone Number: + 234 8063 687 867
Position: Assistant Lecturer (Forest Taxonomy and Agroforetry)
UNIVERSITY EDUCATION (with dates)
(a) University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
(b) University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
(c) University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS (with dates and granting bodies)
(a) B.Sc. Bachelor of Forest Resources Management, University of Ibadan
(b) M.Sc. (Forest Biology and Silviculture), University of Ibadan
(c) Ph.D (Forest Taxonomy and Agroforestry), University of Ibadan
HONOURS, DISTINCTIONS AND MEMBERSHIP OF LEARNED SOCIETIES
1) State Honours: Award Certificate in recognition of outstanding performance and contribution tothe development of Ebonyi State. Presented by the Governor of the State after a successful completion of National Youth Service Corps, Ebonyi State, Nigeria. February, 2011.
2) Member: Society for Conservation Biology (SCB)
DETAILS OF TEACHING EXPERIENCE AT UNIVERSITY LEVEL
1) Courses Taught at the undergraduate level
FRM 210: Introduction to Forest Resources Management (2014 till date) FRM 311: Resources Inventory and Mensuration (2014)
FRM 324: Introduction to Forest Taxonomy (2015 till date) FRM 412: Forest Inventory and Management Plan (2014) FRM 416: Ecological Survey (2015 till date)
FRM 417: Forest Biometrics II (2014)
2) Student Supervision
Completed In Progress
B.FRM - 2
TRAININGS, CONFERENCES, WORKSHOPS AND SEMINARS ATTENDED
1) Plagiarism-Detection Application for M.Phil, M.Phil/Ph.D. and Ph.D. Students held at Akpanuoluo Ette Boardroom, Postgraduate School, University of Ibadan, 9th March, 2015.
2) Fourth Annual Ibadan Sustainable Development Summit (ISDS), theme: Leadership in Africa’s
Quest for Sustainable development held at CESDEV SUITE, 20, Awolowo Avenue, old bodija estate, Ibadan from 13th to 15th august, 2013
3) Third Annual Seminar of the Nigerian Tropical Biology Association, theme: People and Biodiversity Conservation in the 21st Century, held at First Bank Auditorium, Faculty ofAgriculture, Univserity of Ibadan, Nigeria on 25th September, 2012
4) Third Biennial Conference of Forests and Forest Products 2012. Theme: De-reservation, Encroachment and Deforestation: Implications for the Future of Nigerian Forest Estate and Carbon Emission Reduction, held at First Bank Auditorium, Faculty of Agriculture & Forestry,University of Ibadan, Nigeria from April 3rd to 6th, 2012.
5) Abstract and Proposal Writing Workshop for Postgraduate Students organized by Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry, university of Ibadan, held at the First Bank Auditorium, University of Ibadan, 12th April 2011
6) Second Annual Seminar of the Nigerian Tropical Biology Association, theme: Biodiversity, Development and Poverty Alleviation”,held at First Bank Auditorium, Faculty of Agriculture,Univserity of Ibadan, Nigeria on on August 2010
7) A maiden seminar of the Nigerian Tropical Biology Association, theme: “Capacity Development and Career Prospects in Conservation Science”held at First Bank Auditorium, Faculty ofAgriculture, Univserity of Ibadan, Nigeria on on April 28, 2009.
1) Impacts of Agroforestry on Tree Species Diversity in Selected Forest Reserves in South-western Nigeria
2) Ethnobotanical Potentials of Picralima nitida in Obafemi-Owode Local Government Area of Ogun State, Nigeria
3) Agroforestry Tree diversity of Apiaries in Ibadan
4) Prospect of Milicia excelsa (Welw.) C. Berg for Multi-tree species Agroforestry
5) Potential of Agroforestry in Conservation and Recruitment of Undergrowth Plant Diversity at Onigambari Forest Reserve, Oyo State, Nigeria
b) In progress:
1) Morphometric Characterization of Ficus Species used for the treatment of diabetes in University of Ibadan, Nigeria
3) Aquasilvicultural impacts of tree species in fisheries environment
1. Onefeli, Alfred O. and Agwu P.O. (2015). Prospect ofMilicia excelsa(Welw.) C. Berg forMulti-tree species Agroforestry South-east Eur for 6 (2): 249-256. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15177/seefor.15-21
2. Onefeli, A.O. and A.O. Akinyele (2014). Macropropagation ofDennettia tripetalaBaker f.South-east Eur for 5 (2): 135-144. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.15177/seefor.14-09, Croatia
3. Onefeli, A.O. and Adesoye P.O. (2014). Early Growth Assessment of Selected Exotic andIndigenous Tree Species in Nigeria. South-East Eur For 5 (1): 45-51. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15177/seefor.14-06, Croatia
4. Onefeli, Alfred O., Jegede, O., Oyedeji F., Adegoke, F., Adegeye, A.O. and Jimoh, S.O.(2014). Comparative Assessment of Pathological condition of selected Mahogany trees. AJSD, Vol. 4 (2): 216-238.
5. Onefeli, A.O., Babalola F.D. and Borokini T.I. (2014). Volume Prediction forMilicia excelsa(Welw C.C. Berg.) Trees in Selected Institutions in Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria. J. Agric. Sci. Env. 12(1):26-38.
6. Onefeli, Alfred O., Oluwayomi, T.L., Isese, M.O.O., Chenge, Iveren B. and Okon, Kufre Edet(2014). Environmental Impact Assessment of Selected Sawmills in Ile-Ife, Osun State, Nigeria. AJSD, Vol. 4 (2): 239-247.
7. Onefeli, A.O. and A.O. Akinyele (2013). Effect of Hormone and Nodal positions on Stemcuttings of P. angolensis welw. and Z. xanthoxyloides lam. Journal of Agriculture & Forestry, Vol. 59. Issue 2: 127-135, 2013, Podgorica, Montenegro.
8. Onefeli, Alfred O, Opute, O.H. and Oluwayomi, T.L. (2013). Biodiversity Assessment ofOkpe sobo Forest Reserve, Delta State. Proceedings of the 36th Annual Conference of the Forestry Association of Nigeria (FAN). Vol. 2: 490-495.
9. Borokini T. I., Onefeli, Alfred O., Babalola F. D. (2013). Inventory Analysis of Milicia excelsa (Welw C.C. Berg.) in Ibadan (Ibadan Metropolis and University of Ibadan), Nigeria.
Journal of Plant Studies, Vol. 2, No. 1: 97-109
10. Onefeli, Alfred O. and Oluwayomi, T.L., (2013). Potential of Agroforestry to FoodSecurity in Nigeria. Proceedings of the 35th Annual Conference of the Forestry Association of Nigeria (FAN). Pp85-106.
11. Onefeli, A.O., Isese M.O.O. and Oluwayomi T.L. (2012). Taxonomic Classification andPhysical Health Assessment of Avenue Trees in the Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry, University of Ibadan. Proceedings of the 3rd Biennial Conference of Forests and Forest Products (FFPS).Pp75-84.
12. Babalola F.D. Borokini Temitope I. and Onefeli, Alfred O. (2012). Trees in Urban Area: Survey of Iroko (Milicia excelsa Welw C.C. Berg) trees in Ibadan Metropolis, Oyo State, Nigeria. Proceedings of the 3rd Biennial Conference of Forests and Forest Products
13. Onefeli, Alfred O. (2011). Forest Contributions to Rural Livelihood and Threats to theirSustainability in Nigeria. Proceedings of the 34th Annual Conference of the Forestry Association of Nigeria (FAN), Vol. 1: 271-276.
14. Onefeli, Alfred O. (2010). Impact of Climate change on Biodiversity: Perception of Staff ofUniversity of Ibadan. Proceedings of the 2nd Annual Seminar of Nigeria Tropical Biology Association. Pp 74-77.